Knock Shrine is open all year
Main Pilgrimage Season - last Sunday in April until the Second Sunday in October.
Full programme details are contained in Programme of Devotions, Pilgrimage Diary, Vigil and Novena Pages of this site. A guide for both the individual or a group called 'Knock Pilgrims Guide' is available from all the Shrine Offices.
TRADITIONAL STATION TO BE PERFORMED BY THE PILGRIM
- Visit to the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
- Stations of the Cross.These can be performed outside, near the Shrine or on the Knock Shrine Calvary weather permitting. In wet weather they may be performed in the Church of the Apparition or in the Basilica of Our Lady Queen of Ireland.
- Fifteen Mysteries of the Rosary, Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious. Traditionally they are performed while the pilgrim walks around the Church anti-clockwise. If necessary, the Joyful Mysteries may be prayed on the way to Knock and the Glorious Mysteries on the way home.
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin followed by the Prayer to Our Lady of Knock.
- Prayer to Our Lady of Knock-
Our Lady of Knock Queen of Ireland, you gave hope to your people in a time of distress and comforted them in sorrow. You have inspired countless pilgrims to pray with confidence to your Son, remembering His promise; 'Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find.'Help me to remember that we are all pilgrims on the road to heaven. Fill me with love and concern for my brothers and sisters in Christ, especially those who live with me.Comfort me when I am sick or lonely or depressed. Teach me how to take part ever more reverently in the holy Mass. Pray for me now, and at the hour of my death. Amen. Our Lady of Knock, pray for us.
- Visit to the Blessed Sacrament - in any of the Chapels, where the Creed and the prayer to Christ the King is recited.