Nun of Kenmare Collection
Margaret Anna Cusack set up a small religious community in Knock in the early 1880’s which later blossomed to become the international community of the Sisters of St Joseph of Peace. An archival collection of original documents relating to Knock from 1879 - 1882 was recently discovered in the archive of this order in Washington D.C. and returned to Knock Shrine.
This is the largest collection of original material relating to Knock for the years immediately after the Apparition. The collection comprises part of the original Diary of Cures penned by Archdeacon Cavanagh, some of the original witness testimonies and over one hundred original letters regarding cures at Knock.
Original Testimony of Judy Campbell
An interactive workstation, which has been jointly funded by the Department of Arts, Sport & Tourism and Knock Shrine, is now part of the museum exhibition and enables all visitors to the Museum to access what is viewed as the most important and significant archival collection relating to Knock.
Handwritten letter regarding cure at Knock
Memories of Knock
Knock Museum is collecting personal stories from pilgrims about their experiences and memories of Knock. All visitors to the museum are welcome to add their story to this collection which is available in written and audio format.
Download transcript of a pilgrim’s story
In 2007, the first National Grandparents Pilgrimage was organised to honour all grandparents and especially the grandparents of Jesus, St. Joachim and St. Anne. In association with this pilgrimage, school children from all over Ireland were invited to write prayers in honour of their own grandparents. Over 3,000 prayers have been collected and these are on display in the museum.